Mobile cloud computing is a recent innovation that is used by people globally. It is just the combination of mobile computing, cloud computing, and wireless networks which bring rich computational resources to mobile users, cloud computing providers, and network operators. Moreover, it can enable the execution of rich mobile applications on a plethora of mobile devices, with rich user experience.
Challenges faced by Mobile Cloud Computing
- Architectural Design: A reference to architecture for heterogeneous MCC(Mobile Cloud Computing) environment is a crucial requirement for unleashing the power of mobile computing towards unrestricted omnipresent computing.
- Context Awareness Issues: Context-aware and socially-aware computing are inseparable traits of contemporary handheld computers. To achieve the vision of cloud computing among many converged networks and computing devices, designing resource-efficient environment-aware applications is an essential need.
- Energy-efficient transmission: MCC requires frequent transmissions between cloud platforms and mobile devices, and due to the inherent nature of wireless networks, the transmission protocol needs to be carefully designed.
- Trust, security, and privacy issues: Trust is a key factor in the success of the emerging mobile cloud computing paradigm. This is because data is loaded into the cloud with code/component/utility/ complete VM. Also, as with software and mobile app theft, MCC application development models suffer from theft problem.
Advantages of Mobile Cloud Computing
1. Employees have More Time for Higher Value Work
Robotic process animation reduces the cost and transaction-based processes across finance, IT, and HR. So employees have more time for higher-value work process automation that can integrate with cloud ERP platforms.
2. Document Management will be Faster
Cognitive document management avoids intensive documents and contract reviews to help improve customer touchpoints. It also helps in the reduction of cost and helps to drive efficiency.
3. Less chance of Fraud and Waste
It helps to stop real-time frauds, and anomaly tracking can help stop crimes before they happen.
4. Forecasting Will Be Efficient
Here forecasting tools can help enable more informed business decisions. These sophisticated and automated tools employ advanced techniques, customization, continuous learning, and evolution. Automation can help to reduce the risk by improving gross margin and volume forecast accuracy and by increasing transparency.
Mobile cloud computing allows you to access data from anywhere in the world. As long as you have access to the Internet, you can access the app and mobile data from any mobile device.
6. Backup and Recovery
Backing up and restoring data is much easier when all your data is stored in the cloud. Disaster recovery on cloud is a great strategy that involves storing and maintaining various copies of digital records in the cloud computing environment as a security measure.
Disadvantages of Mobile Cloud Computing
1. Data Security
Data security is one of the leading security problems that cloud computing users’ faced. Sometimes mobile users send very sensitive and important information over the Internet, but if the site is not secure, then it can cause significant damages. So we need to carefully choose reliable service suppliers who can help us keep our information secure, protected, and leak-proof.
2. Dependency and Seller Lock-In
Sometimes it is difficult to migrate by a service provider; that is what it is called Vendor lock-in. It is important to check the T&Cs, and as afterward, it may get difficult to switch to some other supplier.
Another concern that is well known in cloud computing is performance. As applications are hosted on remote servers that are accessible via public networks, this may slow down responses and slow down the application speed.
4. Quality of Connectivity
Mobile devices will need either Wi-Fi connectivity or cellular network connectivity such as GPRS, 3G and in some countries even 4G connectivity that is why this is a disadvantage because if we are not near any of these connections our access to the Internet is very limited.
Due to the use of batteries in these devices, these do not tend to last long. If there is a situation where there is no source of power for charging, then that will certainly be a letdown.
Mobile cloud computing is a new topic introduced in today’s society and is very useful, but to access it securely, one must take all safety precautions to prevent data loss. With the mobile cloud, efforts are saved, and work is done within the time limit; cloud computing stretches to reduce maintenance costs and improve data security and privacy.
Reducing resource consumption in the mobile cloud is achieved through architecture programming and supporting cloud and mashup. This leads to the fact that the future mobile application generation is highly cloud-dependent.