Databases are known to utilize high resources like CPU, memory, and IO, so it is a good idea to host them separately and the best alternative would be cloud. Now search engine giant (Google) also offers similar services. So should you prefer it because of its name or analyze them?
Stick to it, we will cover all its aspects, whether it is pricing, benefits, advantages, or disadvantages.
Let’s start with the basics.
What is Google Cloud SQL?
Google Cloud SQL is a MySQL database that lives in Google Cloud and doesn’t require any product establishment and support since it is provided as help by Google Cloud. So, it’s maintained, oversaw, and managed by Google Cloud itself. Like an ordinary MySQL database, it allows you to create, change, arrange, and use a public database.
Presently it is a well-known fact that Google continues refreshing and adding new highlights to its administrations to meet and fulfill the on-request necessities of its clients, and for a superior experience. So it shocked no one when Google released a few updates for the Cloud SQL a couple of years ago.
The storage space was expanded from 10 gigabytes to 100s of gigabytes. It was changed with the goal that it presently permits the cases up to 16 gigabytes of RAM. With more RAM, clients would now be able to enjoy better performance. No concurrent replication was included as a component that consolidates the advantages of repeated and non-recreated databases. There are different highlights that make Google Cloud an ideal answer for little to medium-sized database remaining burdens. So, let’s review these highlights.
This Google Cloud gives you a chance to move your MySQL databases on the cloud and gives you a comparable interface to work with. Some different highlights are:
Simple to Use: Google Cloud SQL has a natural and graphical UI that allows you to structure your database cases with only a mouse-click, saving you from a lot of complicated tasks. On the off chance that you are habituated to using guidelines to better deal with your databases, you can do the same Google Cloud as well. Google Cloud offers you a reasonable level of command over how you might want to utilize Google Cloud SQL.
Maintained by Google: It is completely overseen by Google, hence information for executive tasks is readily available, making access easier for novices. Google takes care of features like fix the executives, replication, and other comparative undertakings.
Profoundly Available: Google stands consistent with the guarantee to make your information accessible to you regardless of what befalls server clusters.
Similarity with other Google Cloud Services: You can utilize Google Cloud SQL with pretty much with every other service that is offered by Google cloud just as with your preferred Google items, for example, Google sheet without stressing over the arrangements and establishments.
Reliability: Google deals with the refreshed and robotized reinforcements of your information alongside giving the first-class security progressions for your databases. So regardless of whether there is a significant disappointment or information breaking risk, your information is always secure, and your database is always accessible.
Advantages of Google Cloud SQL
- Great costs – Around 0.020 USD per GB/month with the Regional class and 0.007 USD per GB/month with the Cold line class
- Diverse stockpiling classes for every need: Regional (visit use), near line (inconsistent use) and Cold line (long haul stockpiling)
- High availability: Google Cloud Storage offers 99.999999999% (11 9’s) of the strength of articles over a given year. This implies information endures even in case of the concurrent loss of two circles
- Numerous areas accessible to store your information: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Simple to coordinate with other Google Cloud Services like Kubernetes Engine, App Engine, or Compute Engine
- The “Reassure” tab in the documentation enables you to choose simple SDKs. It’s inconceivably helpful for designers.
- Extraordinary compared to other free layers in the business: $300 free acknowledge beginning for any GCP item during the main year. Subsequently, 5 GB of Storage allowed utilizing for eternity
Disadvantages of Google Cloud SQL
- Bolster expense is weighty, around 150 USD every month for essential assistance (Silver class)
- Downloading information from Google Cloud Storage is costly. 0.12 USD per GB
- The Google Cloud Platform web interface is somewhat befuddling. At times you may get lost while navigating around the menus.
- Costs for both Microsoft Azure (around 0.018 USD per GB/month) and Back blaze B2 (about 0.005 USD per GB/month) are lower than Google Cloud Storage
- It provides a tangled forecasting system, like AWS S3, so it’s anything but difficult to get accurate unforeseen expenses.
Google Cloud SQL Pricing
|Product||Quality Pricing||With 100% Comfort use Reduction|
||$0.0150–$8.0480 per hour||$0.0105–$5.6336 per hour|
|Storage||$0.17 per GB/mo PD SSD
$0.09 per GB/mo PD Standard
$0.08 per GB/mo for backups
|Comfort – use reduction do not apply|
|Network||Ingress: At no cost||The sustained-use reduction does not apply|
Similar reads: Data Transfer Costs; Everything You Need To Know