Cloud giant Amazon Web Services (AWS) will hold its annual event, re:Invent 2020, from November 30 – December 18 this year. Just like all other major cloud events this year AWS’ annual conference will also be held online. It is one of the biggest cloud conferences in the industry and for the past eight years, it was held in-person in Las Vegas. In 2019, over 60,000 people from all over the world participated in the event. It will be different this time around due to the global pandemic but the best part is, attendance is free for 2020.
Like previous iterations, the event will witness AWS celebrate its achievements, announce product innovations, and present an idea of their future innovations and plans. Here we have compiled all the pointers regarding the upcoming event so that you can make the most of it.
The virtual event will be broadcasted this time around and the broadcasts will be repeated to serve the three-time zones – Americas (PST), Asia-Pacific (SGT), and Europe (GMT). It will happen live in the Americas and then broadcasted in the other two time zones. There will be hundreds of live sessions with AWS experts and customers that will allow viewers to interact with the community members.
In the past, re:Invent has offered access to certain training and certifications, and the situation will not change this time around. Expert-designed AWS training will support learners from all skills levels to enhance and transform their understanding of the cloud. Furthermore, the keynote speakers will bring out major announcements about new products and services, and share their knowledge and expertise via the virtual platform. The keynote speakers of re: Invent 2020 are –
- AWS Keynote: CEO Andy Jassy – Andy Jassy will take center stage to present AWS’ latest news.
- AWS Partner Keynote: Doug Yeum, Sandy Carter, and Dave McCann. Doug Yeum (head of Worldwide Channels and Alliances), Sandy Carter (vice president of Global Public Sector Partners and Programs), and Dave McCann (vice president, AWS Migration, Marketplace, and Control Services) will inform viewers about how AWS is helping partners transform their businesses.
- Machine Learning Keynote: Swami Sivasubramanian. It will be the first-ever Machine Learning Keynote at re:Invent. Sivasubramanian will showcase the latest developments in AWS machine learning and give out demos of new technology and insights from customers.
- Infrastructure Keynote: Peter DeSantis. Peter DeSantis, Senior Vice President of Global Infrastructure and Customer Support, will share how AWS has optimized its cloud infrastructure to run the world’s workloads.
- VP, CTO Amazon.com Keynote: Dr. Werner Vogels. Dr. Werner Vogels will portray how Amazon is solving world’s technology problems.
Other than the keynote speakers, the event will also have the AWS Leadership Session featuring top AWS leaders. The leaders will share the latest advancements in AWS technology and the future scope of products. This time around, the prominent leaders will be
- Analytics: Rahul Pathak, Vice President, Analytics
- Architecture: Rudy Valdez, Vice President, Solutions Architecture and Training & Certification
- AWS Public Sector: Teresa Carlson, Vice President, Worldwide Public Sector
- AWS Public Sector Partners: Sandy Carter, Vice President, Global Public Sector Partners and Programs
- Business Applications: Larry Augustin, Vice President, AWS Business Application Services
- Compute: David Brown, Vice President, Amazon EC2
- Containers: Deepak Singh, Vice President, Containers, Linux, HPC & Open Source, AWS
- Databases: Shawn Bice, Vice President, AWS Databases
- Edge: Bill Vass, Vice President of Engineering, AWS
- Enterprise: Dave McCann, Vice President, AWS Migration, Marketplace & Control Services
- IoT: Dirk Didascalou, Vice President, AWS IoT
- Management Tools & Governance: Bill Vass, Vice President of Engineering, AWS
- Networking & Content Delivery: Mayumi Hiramatsu, Vice President, EC2 Networking
- Security, Identity & Compliance: Stephen E. Schmidt, Vice President & Chief Information Security Officer
- Serverless: David Richardson, Vice President, Serverless
- Storage: Mai-Lan Tomsen Bukovec, Vice President, AWS Block & Object Storage
- Training and Certification: Maureen Lonergan, Director of AWS Training & Certification
- We Power Tech: Mai-Lan Tomsen Bukovec, Vice President, AWS Block & Object Storage
Although the in-person meetings will not take place this year, the event will feature virtual collaborations. AWS re: Invent will present many opportunities for attendees to network and collaborate, such as AWS DeepRacer, Jams, and GameDays. There will also be watch parties to network with industry folks from around the globe.
Keep an eye on this space for all the latest details of the event!
You can also refer to the last year’s event highlights here!